- Bad Credit Basics: Why is credit score so important? How is it calculated? If your score is low, what can you do about it?
- Bad Credit Cards: For individuals with poor credit, there are several trustable credit card issuers who can give you a line of credit and help improve your score.
- Personal Loans: Help you build your financial future while providing money for your family.
- How to Get Out of Debt? Follow these three simple steps to managing your money and become debt free.
- Is Refinancing Right For You? This article will help you consider all the angles when making your decision.
- Home Loans From Start To Finish: Buying a home is the biggest purchase you’ll ever make in your life. It’s important that you know what to expect from the moment you apply for your loan through settlement.
- Beware of these credit scams: Tell everybody in your family and all of your co-workers if you get scammed online or from a lender in person. Before this happens to you read our take on the scams to avoid.
- The Banklady Credit Library
- NEW! Find out how to avoid high Checking fees by using some of our suggested alternatives.
First, Let’s start with the Banklady’s take on the Reasons why the Equifax data breach is a total disaster:
- Security breach on their end.
- They knew a month ago and waited this long to give the details to the people impacted (that’s us).
- It looks like some of their shady executives were dumping stock in the meantime.
- Their website to “help” looks like it was designed by the slowest kid in fourth grade. People are questioning whether to even trust that site.
- Once you enter your information on the makeshift site they made to check to see if you have been on of the people affected it doesn’t even tell you if were impacted for sure.
- The site won’t let you enroll for any help and they won’t send a reminder when that’s ready.
Equifax as we have told you about in the past is one of the nation’s three main credit reporting agencies. They announced a “cybersecurity incident” that could potentially impact roughly 143 million U.S. consumers. They knew about it for weeks before they revealed it to the general population. The news also comes just months after a breach occurred at an Equifax subsidiary earlier this year, exposing W-2 and payroll data to criminals.
Equifax data breach exposes personal info of millions of Americans
According to Equifax, hackers exploited a security vulnerability in a U.S.-based application to gain access to consumers’ personal files. After discovering the breach on July 29 of this year, the company says it “acted immediately to stop the intrusion” and “promptly engaged a leading, independent cybersecurity firm that has been conducting a comprehensive forensic review to determine the scope of the intrusion, including the specific data impacted.” [Read more…]
Robinhood is a trending stock trading app that charges absolutely no commissions. They recently raised $110 million at a $1.3 billion valuation and are giving away tons of stocks with their latest promotion. They’ve started rolling out different promotions for referring new accounts as you will read below.
The most exciting of which is a free share of stock for new accounts. This is basically your sign-up bonus for trying out their app. Who would turn down a free stock of possibly Facebook or Apple?
Step 1: Open Account and Get Free Stock using our link.
Once you open your account you can then refer others and earn more free stocks.When you refer a friend, they get a chance of getting a share of stock valued between $3 and $150 – the average is $10. The stock is awarded when they fund their account. [Read more…]
E-Trade is one of our favorite innovative online discount brokerages. They are now offering up to $2,500 bonus plus Free Trades for 60 days when you open a new E*TRADE Securities Individual, Joint or Retirement account by December 31, 2017 and funded within 45 days of account opening. E-Trade is a leader in the industry with far superior tools for investing and related banking solutions, outstanding customer service, and ease of use for investors.
One of the best things about this offer is you not only get a bonus and free trades but you also get E-Trade Pro for Free for 90 days. Here’s how to get free E-TRADE Pro access: Receive complimentary access to E-TRADE Pro for 90 days when the new account enrollment is complete and qualifying deposit is made.
The summer of 2017 may not only bring higher temperatures but you may also see a higher credit score. Consumers struggling with low credit scores may get a break soon without changing their spending habits. According to the Consumer Data Industry Association, the primary credit-reporting agencies will wipe tax liens and some civil debts from their reports.
The modifications, which are reported to take effect in July 2017, may improve credit scores for millions across the country by excluding that negative information. A report by The Wall Street Journal outlines the plan. Equifax, Experian and TransUnion will implement the changes if that data don’t include a complete list of a person’s name, address, as well as a social security number or date of birth.
Many liens and most judgments don’t include all three or four. This change will apply to new tax lien and civil-judgment data that are added to credit reports as well as existing data on the reports. Roughly 12 million U.S. consumers, or about 6% of the total U.S. population that has credit scores, will see increases in their FICO score as a result of this change.
Wells Fargo offers a $250 Bonus to New Customers who open an eligible Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account with the Minimum Opening Deposit of $25. They also need to fulfill one of the easy Bonus Qualifications. This offer was public but is not just targeted.
Follow the directions below for the $250 Bonus:
- Go here wellsfargo.com/250offer and enter your zip code to Open an Everyday Checking Account. You can also visit a branch.
- Fill out the form and deposit $25
- Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
- The $250 bonus payment will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met.
- Note that a $10 account service fees apply if you do not have direct deposit or make ten debit card transactions so make sure to follow the terms so you do not pay any fees.
All consumer checking accounts, including non-interest-earning checking accounts (except Teen Checking) are eligible for the bonus of $250. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay Card is not eligible.
You cannot be:
A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
A Wells Fargo team member
A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by February 17, 2017.
Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer.
A qualifying Direct Deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income, electronically deposited to your consumer checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit.
Offer available in all Wells Fargo branches or online.
This is a great deal similar to the Region’s Bank offer of $300 (and $400 at some times) going on right now with the same qualifications. We recommend the Region’s Bank offer first since it also requires 10 debit card transactions to get the bonus and a $1,500 deposit to avoid fees and this offer comes in second place. These are by far the two hottest bank bonuses of 2017 so far! This is also the best Wells Fargo bonus out there even better than the ATM bonus they give non Wells Fargo customers when they print out their ATM receipts.
A tip on using the debit card for 10x transactions is to use it on smaller transactions such as one item at a convenience store. You want to make sure that you do not overdraw your bank balance trying to use the debit card 10 times on anything more than $10 each purchase.
Wells Fargo recently went through a bad PR event with its CEO resigning and this may be a way of them winning over customers again. For those of you who still are not trusting the bank the Region’s Bank offer is in some states that is actually a better deal anyway. You can always get the bonus from this offer and then close your Wells Fargo account once you serve the bonus posting time of 6 months or so.
Regions Bank is offering a $300 LifeGreen Checking account bonus for a limited time in Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Austin, and Dallas.
Open any LifeGreen Checking account online using Promo Code 300M or by going to this link and filling out the information on the secure form. You must make 10 check card purchases with your Regions Visa CheckCard within 60 days and have direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days. The $300 comes in 120 days from account opening.
LifeGreen checking accounts require a $50 minimum opening deposit and they do have fees if you do not keep a maintained balance of $1,500.
See more Bank and Credit union bonuses in our monthly roundup.
Think of this new startup as an accountant for your medical bills. If you think you don’t need one then think again as their are many reasons you need someone to look them over.
Here are a few reasons you need an outsider to look over your medical bills:
- A majority of doctors don’t explain the cost of recommended procedures.
- One-third of Americans with medical billing issues are forced to skip their medicine or cut pills in half.
- 65% of Americans with trouble paying medical bills skip the dentist
- Medical billing issues are much more common in southern states.
- 7 of 10 Americans with medical bill problems must cut back spending on food, clothing, or basic household items
- 20% of all credit reports are marred by unpaid medical debt.
Citibank Promotions are available nationwide with cash bonuses worth up to $400. They just require you to open eligible checking accounts and meet certain requirements like using a promo code and maintaining a minimum balance. If you don’t live near Citibank branch you want to find then check out our alternative bank bonus list here.
- Promotion Links:
- $600 Citibank Citigold Checking (Expires 10/31/2016)
- $400 Citibank Account Package (Expires 10/31/2016)
- $400 Savings Plus (Expires 10/31/2016)
Kevin Pham, a former Wells Fargo employee made a Facebook post has been shared over 4,000 times to raise awareness over the bank’s latest scandal. He asks customers to back up their words with action unlike John Stumpf the CEO of Wells Fargo. He created a Facebook event to coordinate a “National Close Your Wells Fargo Account” day, so we all can send a clear message to not just Wells Fargo but to all banks. That they will no longer be able to make millions by defrauding the American people without suffering consequences.
Wells Fargo fired 5,300 employees who created over 1/2 million credit card accounts and over 1.5 million deposit accounts…without customer knowledge or consent. You better check your bank statements if you have one with Wells Fargo. Most of us know the bank for our mortgage loans they bought from other lenders who they now control. The headlines are coming in about Wells Fargo and they are speaking of the people fired. Oh, just 5,300 people. Are you kidding me? What is going on over at Wells Fargo who we trust with our mortgages – you know home ownership…
Well Fargo fired 5,300 employees related to employees that are stealing from the bank and its consumers which is almost 2% of their 268,000 employees. Wells Fargo employees submitted applications for 565,443 credit-card accounts without their knowledge or consent. Probably for bonuses. Bank employees opened up over 1.5 million deposit accounts that may not have been authorized.
“Wells Fargo employees secretly opened unauthorized accounts to hit sales targets and receive bonuses,” Richard Cordray, director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, said in a statement.
Wells Fargo will pay $185 million in fines plus $5 million to refund customers. That’s about $2.50 refund per bogus account. This could be the end for Wells Fargo as we know it. Although do you really think this is not going on at Chase or Bank of America? I wonder if Pam Codispoti, President of the Mass Affluent business for Chase Card Services and formerly of American Express, who spoke today on Bloomberg Business has looked into this issue. My take is that employees are looking for that bonus and with the consumers information they can easily apply for a credit card without someone’s consent and reach that bonus.
If you are affected by this then let us know what phony accounts were opened in your name and by what bank. Also, let us know how the bank reacted to your situation.