Homeowners Insurance Quotes – Tips For Property and Homeowners Insurance
Search Online for A Home Insurance Quote
Homeowners Insurance of course is a must if you have a mortgage so we do not really have to go into why you would need this type of insurance. Anyone who owns a home knows the value of the home risks everyday losing it to fire, floods, storms, or theft and vandalism. Although, your lender or real estate agent normally asks you to use their recommended insurance agent but we recommend you use our search tool to find a better rate. Be advised that your real estate agent may get kickbacks on the term of the homeowners insurance so they may not help you choose the lowest cost insurance available for a home. The good news is you can get a discount on your auto insurance premiums when you buy homeowners or renters from the same company as your auto insurance, or when you buy both from us, even if the companies are different.
Over 1,650 homes have been burned in California’s wildfire just in 2003. While no one wants to believe that their home may be destroyed by a natural disaster, it pays to be prepared with an insurance policy. Although it pays to not go overboard with insurance policies you can evaluate your lifestyle and estimate what risks you incur. If you have a swimming pool or spa you have a huge liability on your hands for someone or their kids to be injured or drown, if you live in an area known for tornadoes in the midwest, flooding everywhere, hurricanes in the east, or earthquakes in the west you should take out additional homeowners insurance on those possible disasters. For example in Texas many big named insurance companies have pulled out because of all the flood and mold claims.
What type of policy should homeowners obtain to be fully insured? We rcommend a HO-5 (HO = home owner). Homeowners insurance normally consist of HO-3 and HO-5 policies. Both policies cover damages to a home’s physical structure. The HO-5 fully covers damages to a home’s contents. Having a guarantee that personal belongings will be covered no matter what kind of disaster strikes is particularly important if homeowners have expensive jewelry or artwork, electonics, plasma tv, or a home based office.
Who needs homeowners insurance? Anyone who owns a house, vacation home, condominium, townhouse, lake property, business office, mobile home, manufactured home, rental property, etc. Your home is your shelter and when its gone its gone. A home insurance company can pay for your stay in a hotel and any additional expenses while your house is fixed up from damages.
Discounts on Homeowners Insurance:
- Include home security systems like ADT, Brinks, Central alarm systems, Guardian, and GE home security systems. Some consumers report saving around 8 to 20 percent on their homeowners insurance just from having a managed or monitored security system installed.
- Auto or life policy from the same insurance company (5%-15% savings)
- Raising your deductible can bring your annual premium down
- Buy a home close to a fire hydrant, that is why I always try to buy a home on a corner lot.
- Senior Citizen Discount (around 15%)
- Upgraded electrical, heating and plumbing systems in houses older than 10 years can save around 15%
- Homes newer than 10 years old (10%-15%)
- Non-Smoking Residents (around 5% discount)
Shopping for Homeowners Insurance
- Companies that provide homeowners insurance include the Hartford, Travelers Property Casualty, Nationwide, USAA, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Shelter insurance, Fidelty, Allstate, GE Insurance company, and local insurance providers.
- Rising homeowners insuance policies mean you need to search harder then ever before, we have provided a great search partner with a tool that can find the best rates in your area.
- Search our database for free home owner insurance quotes for your residence
Need to Refinance? or apply for a home equity line of credit?
Get a Home Loan Today in our loans section: Mortgage Loans click here
Readers interested in Homeowners Insurance may also be interested in Mortgage Refinance