Wells Fargo offers a $250 Bonus to New Customers who open an eligible Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account with the Minimum Opening Deposit of $25. They also need to fulfill one of the easy Bonus Qualifications. This offer was public but is not just targeted.
Follow the directions below for the $250 Bonus:
- Go here wellsfargo.com/250offer and enter your zip code to Open an Everyday Checking Account. You can also visit a branch.
- Fill out the form and deposit $25
- Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
- The $250 bonus payment will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 45 days after eligibility and qualifications have been met.
- Note that a $10 account service fees apply if you do not have direct deposit or make ten debit card transactions so make sure to follow the terms so you do not pay any fees.
All consumer checking accounts, including non-interest-earning checking accounts (except Teen Checking) are eligible for the bonus of $250. The prepaid Wells Fargo EasyPay Card is not eligible.
You cannot be:
A current owner on a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
A Wells Fargo team member
A recipient of a consumer checking bonus in the past 12 months (limit 1 bonus per customer)
Open a new, eligible consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 (not including the bonus) by February 17, 2017.
Within 60 days of account opening, either make 10 purchases/payments with your Wells Fargo Debit Card or establish a qualifying Direct Deposit of an accumulated $500 or more to the consumer checking account opened for this bonus offer.
The 10 debit card purchases/payments must be from the primary linked consumer checking account opened for this offer.
A qualifying Direct Deposit is your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular recurring monthly income, electronically deposited to your consumer checking account by your employer or an outside agency. Transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a banking location or ATM do not qualify as a Direct Deposit.
Offer available in all Wells Fargo branches or online.
This is a great deal similar to the Region’s Bank offer of $300 (and $400 at some times) going on right now with the same qualifications. We recommend the Region’s Bank offer first since it also requires 10 debit card transactions to get the bonus and a $1,500 deposit to avoid fees and this offer comes in second place. These are by far the two hottest bank bonuses of 2017 so far! This is also the best Wells Fargo bonus out there even better than the ATM bonus they give non Wells Fargo customers when they print out their ATM receipts.
A tip on using the debit card for 10x transactions is to use it on smaller transactions such as one item at a convenience store. You want to make sure that you do not overdraw your bank balance trying to use the debit card 10 times on anything more than $10 each purchase.
Wells Fargo recently went through a bad PR event with its CEO resigning and this may be a way of them winning over customers again. For those of you who still are not trusting the bank the Region’s Bank offer is in some states that is actually a better deal anyway. You can always get the bonus from this offer and then close your Wells Fargo account once you serve the bonus posting time of 6 months or so.